The specifications for the much-awaited Micromax Canvas 4 smartphone have surfaced yet again, this time from AndroidOS.in website. Micromax might have put up the phone for pre-order on June 28 itself, but the exact specifications are still a mystery. Their e-Store doesn’t reflect much details about the phone as of yet.
The latest leaked specifications of Micromax Canvas 4 are:
- Display: 5-inch 720p IPS display, instead of the 1080p resolution reported earlier
- Processor: MediaTek (MT6589) quad-core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz, instead of the 2.0 GHz quad-core Cortex A7 quad-core processor
- RAM: 1 GB; it was reported to be 2 GB earlier
- Storage: 16 GB internal storage with microSD card support for up to 32 GB external memory; internal storage was leaked to be 8 GB earlier
- Primary Camera: 13 MP; same as before
- Secondary Camera: 5 MP; there was doubt before between 3.2 MP and 5 MP
- Thickness: 8.9 mm
- Weight: 145 g
- Operating System: Android 4.2.2 (Jelly Bean)
- Battery: 2,000 mAh; it was leaked to be 3,000 mAh earlier
All these specs point towords the BLU Life One, which was launched in April this year. Perhaps this is a re-branded version of the same phone sold in India. The BLU Life One is priced at 230 EUR, which translates to around 17,700 INR.
The specifications seem to be a lot less powerful when compared to the ones leaked before. It is not yet known how reliable their “trusted sources” are, but the new specifications at least make sense when seen from a price to performance point-of-view. Though this phone is hyped up to be a high-end flagship from Micromax, they surely cannot make it so powerful that customers have to pay a premium for it.
The price of this smartphone is expected to lie in between 16,000 and 17,000 Indian rupees; the final price would be made public on 8th July when the phone would finally launch. The website also reports that Micromax is in a fix to price it competitively, but can’t due to the value of rupee deprecating.