Micromax is all geared up to release the next version of a model that fetched them all the name and fame. Behold the Micromax Canvas 4! The Micromax Canvas 4 is expected to be a head turner just like all its other predecessors (a true budget offering) which have given us some really great smartphone features that otherwise one would have to pay a whopping high amount of money to experience. But does this model really follow the same path of being a budget smartphone or do we have surprises ahead of us?
Micromax Canvas 4 leaked specifications:
- Expected screen size is 5″ HD (give or take a few millimeters)
- Screen resolution is 1280×720
- Internal storage is 16GB ( a 32 gig can be expected because bigger is better)
- It will run on MediaTek’s MT6589 quad-core processor
- The Primary camera is a 13 MP shooter, and the secondary camera which is actually a great surprise is 5MP with HD video recording capabilities
- RAM is 1GB ( this might be a bit of a let down on the part of Micromax. If it was 2GB, it’d have the power to kill many quad-core phones out there in the market).
- The battery is 2100 mAh (which would really not be enough with all those people using your Android phone for gaming)
- It will run on Android 4.2.1 Jelly Bean out of the box.
- Will be priced between the range of 18,000-23,000 Rs ($300-$390) (surprisingly a bit costly)
Micromax Canvas 4 leaked pictures:
Micromax Canvas 4 teaser:
We feel that the pros to this phone would be that it has a 13MP camera, a 5MP secondary camera which is quite unexpected and a quad-core processor. But the real cons would be 1GB ram and the price. It’s a bit too pricey in that range for the features. I personally feel that people who don’t care for air play and gesture control can just really forget the idea of spending a lot on the galaxy S4 and rather buy this phone. A word of caution! Watch out for the RAM – it might just bite you back if you overload it.
Micromax Canvas 4 is coming soon and pre order starts from 28th June.