HTC recently officially announced its new Desire 200, a low-end Android phone. HTC has announced this offering on its website. Though it has given out all major details of the device, there is no pricing information and release date given at this point of time. Since they have put it up on their website, it should only be a matter of time before the Desire 200 is released.
HTC Desire 200 Specifications:
- The phone sports a 3.5″ display, 320×480 resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 chipset
- Android version 4.0 – something that is a little ambiguous
- 4 GB of storage
- 512mb of RAM
- 3G enabled
- Rear camera is a 5MP (only down fall – there is no front camera)
- Beats Audio and HTC headset (The best feature on this phone)
- Battery is a 1230 mAh piece which should do well enough (7 hours and 30 mins on 3G, 812 hours of standby)
- Connectivity includes Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi, GPS, Micro USB
- Sensors include accelerometer, proximity and ambient light
The HTC website quotes that you dont have to pay premium prices for getting an incredible HTC smartphone. Which tells us that it is not only going to be cheap but at the same time it is going to give us premium smartphone features (like the last cookie in the jar).
We feel this is really an amazing attempt by HTC to provide a budget smartphone to people out there who don’t want to spend too much on a premium phone. Also I personally feel that the phone will sell like hot cakes because of the design factor and build quality.