Nokia maps, recently renamed Here Maps, gets another update. It shows you continents, shows you countries, shows you states, shows you cities and last but not the least, an actual indoor map of a venue. The indoor view is the fascinating feature of this update. This probably brings it a step closer to the ever precise, Google Maps. It is indeed good news for all Windows Phone 8 users, Lumia users should be very pleased. A cool feature in this app is “LiveSight”, which enables you to identify restaurants, shops, galleries etc by means of symbols which show up on the camera display pointing towards the building. Keep in mind that LiveSight can only be used in devices having a compass. There is also an offline mode which lets you navigate offline in 94 different countries.
- Livesight gives you an insight as to what is around you .
- Know which direction you are facing by means of an integrated compass.
- Floor by floor view of places like restaurants, city malls etc
- Navigate offline in around 94 countries
- Turn by Turn walk navigation
- Access traffic information about selected areas