Kobian has launched a new tablet in the Indian market and it is going to be a hit under affordable tablets. Kobian Group is the proud owner and manufacturer of Mercury brand of computer components and peripherals, life style products and various consumer electronics. Does Mercury ring any bells? Every time you switched on your computer when you were young on a black screen, a name use to flash before loading the OS. Yes that’s Mercury. For the amount of money that you are going to pay and the features you are going to get, there seems to be an inversely proportional relationship here at Kobian. The Mercure mTAB Lite is going to cost a mere Rs.6000. Which is a pretty amazing price considering that the tablet is a 7″ sporting a resolution of 800×480 pixels. This is going to sit safely behind a capacitive touchscreen. Don’t get too excited yet as this is just the beginning of a whole bag of goodies.
Kobian Mercury mTAB Lite Specifications:
- 7″ screen size
- 800×480 resolution
- 1 GHz Vimicro Cortex A8 processor
- Will run on Android 4.0(ICS)
- The rear and front cameras are both 0.3MP VGA, sufficient for video calling.
- 512MB RAM
- Internal storage of 4GB and MicroSD slot expandable upto 32GB
- Connectivity options sport 2G, Bluetooth 3.0, WiFi, USB 2.0
- It sports a 3.5mm Universal headphone jack and an inbuilt speaker if you forget your headphone at home
- With a battery of 2700 mAh it should manage to survive through a day on moderate usage.
- It is a mere 12mm thick which makes it very light and portable to carry around wherever required
This is really great news that tablets with such high performance specifications in comparison to such a low price are released in India. Tablets like this will give the well renowned Ubi slate a very tough time. Hopefully the device hits the market soon.